Sunday, January 1, 2012

Writing and Me

I was never much of a writer.

... it has been about half an hour since I wrote the last line. Now I am just staring at this large white space which I am supposed to paint with words but have no idea what-so-ever as how to do it. I wonder if that happens with every writer / blogger, or is it just me? 

... why is it so hard to find the right words! Maybe my vocabulary is just too weak!

I enjoyed writing though. Once back in school I had written a nonsense poem in Bangla titled Dekh Re Dekh Re Dekh. It had something to do with looking at things more closely, but unfortunately I have forgotten the poem entirely. That might have been my only complete and original piece of writing.

Throughout school I tried writing short pieces, essays sometimes even stories but gradually I let go. I was in company of very talented friends and fact is I felt kind of tiny in their company (not through any fault of theirs. They are perfectly nice people). Slowly I just lost all hope.

I took up the pen again when I started college. I bought a diary. Writing in a diary seemed less intimidating as I had no one to compare myself to. I could write crap and pretend that I was as good as Hemingway. Slowly, I started enjoying it again. The great thing about writing a diary is that you can preserve the tiniest details of the day which you would have otherwise forgotten. I actually enjoyed reading my diary more than writing it. It was a really novel experience (sometimes I could not believe that it was me who had written that stuff).

... oh crap! I am out of words again!

This is my first blog post. Frankly speaking I don't know why I wanted to start a blog. Most probably just because it has something to do with computers (I find anything related to computers mighty hard to resist). Hopefully this blog will help me take up writing again and to make new friends.

PS : A Very Happy New Year to all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment